Saturday, June 6, 2009

Heart armored with righteousness


I am not a servant of that gentle Deity,
of whom Jesus preached.
I serve the Old Testament God
I am vengeance terrible vengeance
I am the vortex of the tornado
whirling across the drought-stricken prairie


I am that John Brown
On the mural in the state Capitol

In Topeka
that I saw with my 5th grade class

As I walk across the fresh mown lawn
of the Baby Murderer’s Church
In my hands a gun and a bible
Old John Brown come to smite the wicked
come to send the spawn of Satan
to Hell and to his Master.

I am sword of the Lord
coming to chasten Pharaoh
in his Wichita temple.
More fool he
to think he is safe.

I come to deliver future innocents
from murder to belonging.
It is not with peace, forgiveness or love
that our wicked world will be cleansed
of its evil.
Forgiveness is a human strength.
As an avenging Angel
I no longer need feel human.

All my life,
I knew that I was damned.
I spent years enduring
my damnation
I every day I walked this earth
my heart became armored
with righteousness.

Now I am redeemed.
I am reborn again.
Innocent as a babe.
One with the Lord,
clean and eternally forgiven.

Capitano Tedeschi

Heart armored with righteousness copyright June 6, 2009 by Jamie Jacks Note, I would have loved to use John Steuart Curry's Tragic Prelude (1938-1940), a mural in the Kansas Statehouse illustrating John Brown and the clash of forces in Bleeding Kansas but did not due to copyright restrictions.

30

3 comments:

Me said...

Did you let them in again when they came to your door ? LOL !

Capitano Tedeschi said...

No, I don't let them in, I greet them at the door and when they state their purpose I tell them that "this house is under the protection of the Lion of St Mark."

When I say that they get a puzzled look on their faces, smile politely ande go away.

Capitano Tedeschi

30

Me said...

that's very cool, I tell em I'm Buddhist and they always start asking me questions. It's pretty funny.