Saturday, June 20, 2009

Because of the invincibility thing

Because of the invincibility thing
I never thought I’d see disaster
in my corner of the sky.
Then the tragic came upon me
with a paradoxical dynamism
attacking then retreating
taking away, then remitting
then taking away
creating a condition
where my days were fraught
with acts of regression.
At that moment I understood
the riddle of the Sphinx.

My body was once
a multi-faceted, balanced jewel.
Now it is a queer thing
a decaying clockwork.
My muscles are
like springs no longer elastic
The lenses of my eyes are
cracked and unable to focus.
My once sensitive fingers
are mere blocks of wood.

I wanted to stay original,
a man who is the proud possessor
of a strong will.
But my streams of opportunity dry up
I stagger across the border
of a strange land.
Constantly asking
where I am going?
where I am going?

Swear words are well-suited
to such moments.
My prayers strings of profanities.
Life is no longer a journey,
but a journey to a destination.
Like one who is trapped in the desert
I slowly discard possessions
that now have no value and that
I no longer have the strength to carry.

Capitano Tedeschi

30

For Lenny and Dorothy and all who have MS

Because of the invincibility thing copyright June 19, 2009 by Jamie Jacks

3 comments:

Linda said...

I don't have MS, but I sure identify with the decay. The destination is the same ... the journey might just be a little longer.

jseals822 said...

Wow. Thanks Jaimie

Me said...

I have a huge list to let go of

I can't carry it anymore either.
I need to help myself now, and lighten my load.

Weight, possessions, and inflexible mental contents. These are all endangering my quality of life.