Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The sound from thunder's mouth

I am a creature of the dominant culture
my body and my mind are dedicated to
escaping poverty and securing a middle class life

Lucky or not I did discover
I was the holy fool, living 'life-lies'
My 'life-truths' some old telephone number
I vaguely remembered--no matter

It was the bright blue day
I got that back pain while playing golf
It was then, that which I misremembered,
caused me to be howling on the grass
Like a gut shot dog
self-conscious, self-begetting
generating lies, rationalizing explanations
until language lost its meaning
and brand names of my stuff failed to give comfort

That day my walk with my boutique God
Was hollower than a chocolate Easter bunny
The sweet taste of Buddha like serenity
was turned to ashes on my tongue
by the sound from thunder's mouth

As I surveyed the false walls
of my cutout world
I asked what now?

An answer came

Now what.

Capitano Tedeschi

The sound from thunder's mouth April 22, 2009
copyright 2009 Jamie Jacks

1 comment:

jenny page said...

wow... these are quite cool! i don't know anything about poetry, but i know what i think is cool. :) capitano, thx for your well-wishes re my health, too!!!