Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Constructing sexuality or exploring identity online

Online interactions are a screen.
When engaged, remember the
health risks of gasoline handling.
Exposure to benzene can cause leukemia.
Exposure to lust or love can be worse.
Don’t think that for a moment that
practicing this form of harm reduction is an
alternative treatment for these addictions.
In this environment you think you hide
behind a metaphoric screen.
Beware it is literally an open window.


At first I thought,
“This seems like magic and that
Merlin’s calling.”
With the wave of a wand,
the virtual world offered me
a safer environment
than the real world.
In the real world
all things are dangerous,
especially dogs, cats, kids and yoga.

I thought I was clever.
I thought I could get my way,
if I mastered the exchange of information by
revising my narratives and
offering a plethora of competing explanations.
I forgot that carnality brought down Camelot

It’s futile.
The response to my resistance
came from trained sedentary males
who hovered over the horizon
jiggling their joysticks
one finger always ready to fire
the aptly named Hellfire missile.

Remember that as a human being,
The possibility of cells, tissues, organs,
self esteem, heart, and soul
being forcibly removed or destroyed
without notice or pemission
is startling and unnerving.


Online interactions are a screen
When using them to construct sexuality or explore identity
Remember
Exposure to benzene can cause leukemia
Exposure to lust or love can be worse

Capitano Tedeschi

30

copyright 2009 Jamie Jacks

1 comment:

Linda said...

Constructing sexuality anywhere can be dangerous. ;)