Thursday, April 23, 2009

obsessed & the man's still

The MAN's still

$86 for TemarilP
allergy medicine for my dog
Warning on the label says:
“KEEP OUT REACH OF CHILDREN
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.”
as if I'd ever...

after all these years
THE MAN's still
Hasslin’ ME!


Obsessed

at the core
none of us admit obsession
Speaking as a man, I can say
males do not change their obsessions
just for chuckles

My buddy Oscar
has this thing about the speed of sound
because in high school physics he learned
that a human skull is soft like a melon
but at the speed of sound
a human skull can make
glass transition from an amorphous solid
to a million shards
Do you think Oscar on the freeway driving
will surrender his fascination with Mach 1
just for chuckles?
No way.

Are women different?
Yes, or so , they say.
I asked Ms. Georgia,
that woman talking in the corner.
Yeah, her in the pink blouse
and a smooth as whiskey voice
of an femme fatale circa 1980

Just look at her
see the corkscrewy way she writhes
in her chair.
she's not going to answer my question
because she's lives in a jungle world
she's hooked on magical realism
in private moments she yearns
to be devoured by a jaguar-man
in a kinky candle-lit dream.
Will Ms. Georgia give up her fantasy
just for chuckles?
I hope not, at least not, until after this weekend

Any barstool philosopher will tell you
through obsession we know ourselves
the streets are full of passersby
like ants foraging in a forest
following their inner personal desires
like following a trail of pheromones
Do you see them changing paths
Just for chuckles?
Do you hear
anyone laughing?

Finally there's me lurking
at the edge of that action
a surreptitious presence
I like to watch, that's my "thing"
do you think I'll stop

just for chuckles?
I don't think so.



Capitano Tedeschi



30



Obsessed, The MAN's still, April 23, 2009 copyright 2009 Jamie Jacks

No comments: