Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Well folks, I just about missed it. It didn't even realize it was St. Patrick's day. Fortunately, a newsmodel from MSNBC mentioned that today was today. So I dragged out my 1987 Parade Committee button that was given to me when I had the privilege of walking in the Kansas City Parade.

The Kansas City parade is one of the nation's largest and for four or five years I'd take March 17th off from work and go down and watch the parade. It was always fun, as far as I can remember. The next day I would show up at work, hungover and with the shakes so bad I could barely hold a cup of coffee.

So I went to KansasCity.com and read stories about the Kansas City Parade. This year the parade route instead of going from Crown Center to Downtown, went through midtown Kansas City. This is the area where I lived and still love.

I spent 15 to 20 minutes searching for web sites related to my old neighborhood and stomping grounds of my mispent youth. Kansas City has been calling to me of late. About a month ago someone I played football with in high school called to tell me about a reunion they were planning for this September. Then there's the Kansas City Star's pictures of St. Patrick Days.

I want everyone to understand I am NOT getting nostalgic or homesick. At least I don't think that I am.

Capitano Tedeschi

30

No comments: