Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I offer nothing but false conclusions

While walking by the Koi pond
on my way to the cafeteria
a bullfrog challenged me
with an excited bellow

Both of us wisely moved away.
He with a plop headed towards
a sheltering stone turning the water
brown and inky with silt.

I kept heading toward
the cafeteria desperately craving
a venti iced coffee.

On the other side of the Koi pond
a black-haired young woman
sits on a park bench
beneath a maple tree

She is in the rapt embrace
of some flourescent computer-mediated discourse
emanating from her laptop.

The signals from the cyber continuum
bring small smiles and silent chuckles
from her otherwise impassive face
The current of microwaves
tugs at her conscious and she drifts along
heedless of time and space and place
bathed in a meandering microwave stream

Meanwhile having gotten caffeinated,
I pause at the Koi pond and ponder the young woman
The fish gather expecting to be fed
I can offer them nothing but false
conclusions based upon brief observation

Still they wait expectantly.
Realizing they'll not be fed
they pray to their Koi Gods
that I might somehow
trip, fall in and drown.


Capitano Tedeschi

30

I offer nothing but false conclusions copyright June 29, 2011 by Jamie Jacks

No comments: