Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just a few remarks Solitary Argonaut,

Just a few remarks on madness in 21st Century America


I was there, as giant step by giant step
we became mired in folly.
We are all blemished, yet
no one will be punished or stoned.

You can’t just peek into Pandora’s box
madness makes risk taking inevitable
thinking in terms of MUST!!!
and not MISTAKE

We did this to ourselves
while we raced the storm
Failing to practice moral deliberation
a perverse torture not to be indulged in

After excessive self-injury
Where are we?
Where should we go from here?
For our great wound is there a cure?

We are not better men nor
have we made a better world
No one wants apology or remorse
from death row inmates

Solitary Argonaut,

In high school,
when I imagined
the evolutionary calculus
of my future life

I saw myself as
a solitary Argonaut,
with the cruel eyes
of a Spanish Conquistador
a Pizzarro or a Pirate Prince
sailing across the turbulent
fluid of the Seven Seas

Ever avoiding apology or remorse
performing behavioral mind change
through brawls and
repeated display of inappropriate
practices and beliefs
my big business
pushing for the breakthrough
ever in the future search
perpetually justified bending the rules

That imagined future
turned out different.
My experience has been
collaspes, suffering, and madness
howling like a gut-shot dog
and praying to my momma.

In the dysphoria of personal reflection.
I find no great humor
in painful self disclosure
like the fact this emperor
always winds up needing
new clothes

Capitano Tedeschi

30

Just a few remarks, A solitary argonaut copyright Oct. 29, 2009 by Jamie Jacks

No comments: