Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flying down to Buenos Aires Part III

Went to tango class again tonight. Part of me didn't want to go. I had missed last week and I hadn't really practiced any dance steps during the past two weeks. I know that if you want to become good at something you have to practice it. But knowing that I should do it and getting myself to do it are two different things.

But once I got to the community center none of that mattered. The instructor didn't care whether I had practiced or not. All that mattered was learning the steps and moving gracefully to the music. Tonight, I was so happy to be there that I had a really great attitude, I would try anything and even though the steps were difficult, I kept telling myself that I could do them. So I had a lot of fun tonight and I am getting a better at doing the Tango.

The time when I start my journey is getting closer. Just two months to go. There'll be the ordeal of a 18 hour plane ride and the challenge of being a solitary traveller in a busy foreign metropolis. So I have a lot of work to do. But tonight, I held on to my dream of dancing the tango in Buenos Aires. I am not looking forward to the ordeal of airports, long lines and security hassles. But I am looking forward to going to a Milonga and watching the people dance.

Capitano Tedeschi

30

1 comment:

Linda said...

Right on, Jamie! I so admire your sense of adventure and willingness to do things outside of your comfort zone.